Billing Frequently Asked Questions
We accept cash, checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, debit, Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express®. You can also pay by check or bank account via phone or through the online payment system. We are not a CareCredit provider.
Your balance owed is due immediately. A due date is printed on the statement. If payment in full is not possible by that due date, we request you call us at 319-832-1735. Depending on your balance, you may only receive one notice before further action is taken; please call immediately if you have questions or concerns about the balance shown on your statement. If you need assistance paying your bills, then you may need to explore other financial options, as this is beyond our scope of medical services.
RCI’s billing is not included with the hospital (nonprofit) financial assistance.
- Copay or Copayment: a fixed amount a healthcare beneficiary (the patient) pays for covered medical services. The remaining balance is covered by the patient’s insurance company.
- Deductible: a fixed amount the patient must pay each year before their health insurance benefits begin to cover costs. Once meeting the annual deductible amount, health insurance covers the full costs for the rest of the year. Exceptions, such as copayments and coinsurance, may apply.
- Coinsurance: the amount (generally a fixed percentage) a patient must pay against a claim after the deductible is satisfied.
- To request a price estimate, please contact our Billing Office at 319-832-1735.
- Note: Due to the complexity of some services provided at the time of service, we may or may not be able to provide a cost estimate.
- Your insurance company has deemed a portion of the cost of service as patient (your) responsibility. Check your insurance plan to see if you have a deductible and/or coinsurance. If you do not understand why your insurance has applied a portion of your service as patient (your) responsibility, please contact your insurance company for clarification.
- If you have insurance and we do not have it on file, please contact our Billing Office at 319-832-1735 with the correct insurance information.
To help determine your possible financial responsibility, we can provide the estimated cost of your procedure prior to your procedure. We make every attempt to estimate as closely as possible, but because other medical claims can hit your deductible before our claim (bill) is submitted or your coverage can change, the amount may vary.
Our radiologists provide physician support for the RCI Imaging Center as well as many hospitals and clinics in the region. When imaging is performed at any of those outside locations, one of our radiologists will review and interpret the images, providing a dictated report to your referring physician. The radiology professional (reading) bill is separate from the hospital/clinic (examination) billing. Please see the next question/answer for further information.
There are two parts of a radiology test:
- Technical Component: the portion billed by the facility where the equipment is located (the hospital or clinic where you had the study/procedure performed).
- Professional Component: the portion billed by the physician that performs and/or interprets the study and reports the finding(s) to your referring physician.
If your study was done at the RCI Imaging Center, you will receive one combined bill.
Payment in full is due at the time of service. We accept cash, personal and cashier checks, money orders, and credit cards.
Yes, we offer payment plans for amounts due of at least $75. For amounts between $75-$199.99, the maximum payment plan length is 60 days. For amounts of at least $200, the maximum length is 90 days, although we do offer extended payment plans for larger balances. A setup fee may apply. For an application, please call our Financial Counselor at 319-832-2372. If you don’t pay your balance and don’t make payment plan arrangements, your account may be sent to a collection agency and this information may impact your credit report.
Generally, most radiology procedures are covered by your health insurance plan. However, your health insurance plan may have provisions in your policy that specify what is deemed a non-covered benefit, or what exams may require pre-authorization or have frequency restrictions on the exam that is being performed. We do not have access to your health insurance plan, so if you have questions about your coverage please contact the number on your health insurance card to speak to a customer service representative.
- We support price transparency. Imaging charges will vary based on the type of exam provided. For our patients to understand their potential financial liability for RCI Imaging Center services, we can provide a price estimate to the patient.
- If you do not have insurance, please see our Cash Pricing list for the current charges for the most frequent exams performed at RCI Imaging Center.
For billing and
RCI Business Services
1956 First Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Hours: Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Toll Free: 800-747-9729
Radiology Consultants of Iowa
PO Box 338
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406